Sunday, January 19, 2014

Thunder's First Weeks

My first weeks are kind of a blur.  They went so fast.  I remember being in a small, safe place.  Did I mention small?  There were nine of us sharing the small space.  Not much room for playing.  There was an occasional foot or tail, face or body to push at.  Must have been feet since they are now my favorite chew toy.  Although my family insists they are not toys.  How could that be?  They are so much fun.  Chewing on them and these things called socks always create a lot of  excitement at my forever home.  Oh yell, speaking of excitement, I got distracted, feet always do that to me.  One day in my small safe space everything started to change, we could see a little light.  It was so exciting!  We started to wiggle and squiggle.  We managed to line up, as I mentioned before I was number 4 in line and we headed for the light.  I don't know why but after being in the small space so long, it seemed like it would be a good idea.  I don't remember who had the idea but I bet it was Mommy.  She is so smart and we just spend most of our time sleeping.  It took a long time for me to get into the full light and I was fourth.  It was hard work but I remember warm soft things helping me dry off, I now know they are hands, they made me feel safer then and now.   Being born was hard work for me, my brothers and sisters.  It was even hard work for my Mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment